What is live chat software?
Live chat software is customer service software that allows you to communicate with your customers while they are visiting your website. I’m sure you’ve seen it before, a widget will appear in the bottom right corner of a website that allows you to to send text messages. An employee will use the agent application to answer the customer’s questions in real time.
What is chatbot software?
Chatbot software differs from “live” chat software by using simulated responses to answer the responses in a chat session, not a live person. A chatbot is basically a computer app that uses natural language processing and artificial intelligence to interpret the question and deliver a logical answer.
What is a shared inbox?
You’ve probably heard of “shared mailboxes” but a “shared inbox” is different. A shared inbox lets your employees chat with your website customers while sending and receiving email messages from the same inbox. Depending on the software you choose, your employees will have a centralized area to use things like email messages, live chat, SMS, WhatsApp, Messenger, and social media accounts. Your employees can easily collaborate while interacting with the same customer. Your customers will benefit because they are not getting different information from different employees.
Every software choice below has a free trial!
You can easily install the software on your website and make sure it meets your needs. No credit cards are required to sign up for any of these free trials. We have compiled a list of some of the best live chat software and chatbot software titles on the market with the hope that we can save you some research time. We’ve also added an informative description for each so you can make a smart and faster buying decision.
- LiveChat is a complete customer service application that has both live chat and chatbot features.
- Integrates with 200+ apps like Dropbox, Constant Contact, Zoom, Stripe, Shopify, UPS, Google Drive, and many more.
- During a customer chat you can capture and qualify leads, make more sales, and boost revenue.
- With the help of artificial intelligence, you can also use chatbots to generate leads, create help tickets, and automatically assign the chat to the right department.
- Used by 36,000+ companies including big names like McDonald’s, Mercedes Benz, Adobe, and PayPal.
- Starter — $16/month/agent.
- Team — $33/month/agent
- Business — $50/month/agent.
- Enterprise — Custom pricing.
- Gorgias Integrates with over 60 applications including Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Gmail, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- You can connect all your communication channels like email, social media, live chat, voice, and SMS, allowing you to quickly answer shoppers’ requests without losing time switching between tools.
- Centralizes all customer’s data in one software to allow you to provide exceptional, fast support from one place.
- Used by 9747+ companies.
- Basic — $60/month (300 tickets/month)
- Pro — $360/month (2000 tickets/month)
- Advanced — $900/month (5000 tickets/month)
- Enterprise — Custom pricing
- Social Intents allows you to Live chat with your website visitors, offer customer service, and sell right from MS Teams, Slack, Zoom, or Webex.
- You can respond to inquiries quickly without having to switch between apps.
- Integrates with Shopify, WordPress, Wix, Constant Contact, MailChimp, and many more.
- Has both Live Chat and Chatbot features.
- Used by over 75,000 customers.
- Starter—$29/month (up to 2 agents, 150 chats)
- Basic —$59/ month (unlimited agents, 1000 chats)
- Pro —$99/month (unlimited agents, 5000 chats)
- Business— $199/month (unlimited agents, 10,000 chats)
- Helpwise has both live chat and shared inbox features.
- You can use shared inboxes, SMS, WhatsApp, chat widgets, and social media accounts, to collaborate with your team.
- Allows you to centrally manage all customer communication methods and track performance of your support, sales, finance, HR and other teams.
- Integrates with multiple apps including Gmail, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Outlook, Slack, and many more.
- Used by over 10,000 customers.
- Premium —$20/user/month (10 shared inboxes)
- Advanced —$40/user/month (unlimited shared inboxes)
- Enterprise —request quote (includes team onboarding and training)
- HelpCrunch has live chat, chatbot, help desk, and email marketing features.
- More affordable alternative to Zendesk and Intercom.
- Fully customizable chat widgets.
- Send automated email follow-ups, forms, newsletters, and other marketing materials.
- Integrates with WordPress, Slack, Zapier, and many more.
- Used by hundreds of large and small businesses.
- Basic— $23/month/team member (1000 emails)
- Pro —$36/month/team member (5000 emails)
- Enterprise— Custom pricing
- Tidio has both live chat and chatbot features.
- It has 20+ templates to easily build your own virtual AI chatbot flows.
- The intuitive chatbot builder is like a drag-and-drop visual editor.
- With it’s shared inbox, your whole team can manage live chat, email, Instagram, and Messenger conversations in one place.
- Integrates with Shopify, Squarespace, WordPress, Wix, Prestashop, and many more.
- Used by over 300,000 businesses.
- Free— $0/month/3 operators (100 unique visitors)
- Chatbots —$49/month/3 operators (unlimited visitors and chatbots)
- Communicator —$19/month/operator (team departments, 1-40 operators)
Thank you for using Majesty Internet to compare Live Chat and Chatbot customer support software. We have tried to include some of the best live chat tools available. We know time is money so we hope our site has provided time-saving shopping information that will make your purchase selection much easier.
Copyright © 2022 Majesty Internet